- Geared towards simple websites, such as blogs, marketing sites, or small e-commerce sites.
- Has it’s own component syntax that builds on JSX for templating. The script portion of the component
is defined in a separate front-matter section (
---), similar to Svelte or Vue single file components.
- Markdown posts with front-matter have first class support.
- Has directory-based routing and layouts.
- Vue, React, Svelte, and several other libraries can all be used in Astro simultaneously!
In summary, Astro looks like a good option if you want to build a simple website with all the DX of React/Vue/Svelte components. I might look into switching my blog to Astro, since it can also be hosted on Github Pages and looks like conversion almost comes for free.